Atikokan Public Library
Stage 3 Re-opening Plans
As we move into Stage 3, the Atikokan Public Library will re-open to the public for limited in-person services on Tuesday August 4th, 2020.
The Library�s hours will be:
Tuesday 12:00 pm -6:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Thursday 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Families participating in the Summer Reading program will be able to book an appointment to visit the Library on Fridays between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. We ask that families attend the Library with only members of their own household. For more information, please contact the Library 807-597-4406.
1. The Library is able to admit 5 patrons at a time with a maximum of 2 per family. You may need to wait outside for a short time until patrons leave. Please wait by the white lines until a staff member gives the ok.
2. When you enter the library, please follow the arrows, instructions or posted signs. A staff member will be located near the entrance to answer any questions or explain our new procedures. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
3. Browsing baskets will be provided for your book selections. If you remove a book or material from the shelf and do not want to sign it out please do not re-shelve the item. There are bins provided on tables in the Fiction and the Non-Fiction areas to place these items in.
4. Masks are encouraged but are not mandatory. (Please note that this may change if a local or provincial health authority issues a mandate to wear masks indoors. The Library will always comply with any public health order.)
5. Please place all return items in the book drop outside. We will not be accepting returns at the circulation desk.
6. For now, the library is unable to offer the following:
* Puppets and toys
* Children / Teen area computers
* Reading tables
7. Inside the library, please keep a minimum distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from staff and other patrons. This is for your safety and ours.
8. Our free WiFi remains on; however, we ask that you use the WiFi outside of the building.
9. Two public access computer workstations will be available by appointment only. Patrons can contact the Library at 807-597-4406 to book an appointment. Appointments for computer use will be limited to half-hour time slots, and staff will disinfect the workstation between each appointment.
10. Printing, faxing and laminating services will be available and regular fees will apply.
11. Curbside pick up service is still available for patrons who may not be comfortable to venture into the library at this time.
12. We are delighted to see you again! We would ask that you keep your visit to 30 minutes or less, as we need to make sure everyone has a chance to use the Library.
All rules are subject to change depending on orders from the Province of Ontario.
Patrons are expected to follow these safety rules and any instructions provided by staff, and to follow the Library�s Code of Conduct. Failure to meet these requirements may result in suspension of Library privileges.
Please address any questions about the Library�s Stage 3 reopening plan to our Librarian/CEO, Tracey Sinclair at email@example.com or 807-597-4406.
To ensure a skilled, educated and empowered community by providing equitable access through the provision of materials and support services that will enhance, encourage and support continuous life-long learning and self-directed education.